Monday, October 19, 2009

The Inspiration

At the AldaCon (www.alda.org) conference last week, my new and good friend Eileen Jones, the Chair and Founder of the The Gift of Hearing Foundation has inspired me to create this new foundation to help many enlightened the mass on the beauty and practicality of sign language.

This future Foundation will be committed to bringing sign language to everyone regardless of race, creed, gender and economic level.

Right now, the Foundation that I hope to establish composed of a Board of one individual - myself. But with lots of hard work, optimism, and dedication, I hope we'll be able to create a Foundation and a list of sponsors as impressive as the one Eileen built. I also hope to lure her over to be a member of the Board.

If you have any questions about where to obtain the Gift of Signing, being a part of creating the Foundation, or donating to help kick start the foundation (we need seed money of about $150 for the year for a full fledge web site and to register the domain name), please do not hesitate to contact me at ericalanbrody@yahoo.com.

Signingly yours,

Eric Brody

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Sunny Masters and I am a friend of Laurie Pullins. I'm a senior ASL Interpreting Student at Maryville College in Tennessee and I was wondering if I could get some information from you about this. sunny.masters@gmail.com. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete